Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Stuck...

Spring break was great, but I'm definitely ready for it to end. As of now, I'm stuck in Italy thanks to the Iceland volcano until further notice. We were supposed to fly out of Venice yesterday, but our flight got canceled. The next thing we could find is not until Monday, and who even knows if that will end up going out. To save money, we took a train back to Florence to crash with my roommate Stacy until we can get back to Galway. I know I shouldn't complain about getting to spend extra days in Italy, but all I really want to do is get back to Galway. I just hate the feeling of not knowing when we'll be able to get back and no one having answers. We've heard so many different things, from flights starting up again this week or them not starting for up to four weeks. We feel so stranded and helpless. If I miss Ireland this much now, when I've only been away from it for a two weeks, how am I going to deal when I get back to the states? I guess all we can do is enjoy the pasta and gelato for now....

On a happier note, Nora had her baby! Bridget Anne Finn was born on April 14th! Here's a picture Chelsey sent me. Congrats to Nora and Uncle John! I can't wait to get home and meet her.

No comments:

Post a Comment